Video marketing isn’t losing any momentum as these stats show.
1. Online Video usage is on the rise.
- 81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool.
- 99% of those who already do use video, say they’ll continue to do so.
- 65% of those who don’t currently use video, say they plan to start.
2. People watch a lot of video.
From the video content they watch at work, to online streaming services and beyond, video is a central part of how people receive information. The average watch was 1.5 hours with some watching more than 3 hours of video on a typical day.
3. Marketers rely on video to help them do their jobs.
Video is often cited as a tool that helps drive various areas of business performance, and the numbers back up those claims:
- 97% of marketers say video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service.
- 76% say it helped them increase sales.
- 47% say it helped them reduce support queries.
- 76% say it helped them increase traffic.
- 80% of marketers say video has increased dwell time on their website.
- 95% of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
- 81% of people have been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
- 69% of people have been convinced to buy a piece of software or application by watching a video.
- 85% of people say they’d like to see more video from businesses.
4. Consumers love video.
It’s probably unsurprising, but video seems to add tremendous value to our experience as customers, too …
Where both video and text are available on the same page, 72% of people would rather use video to learn about a product or service.
5. People love to share.
There’s a popular misconception that people will generally only share frivolous, entertainment videos (cats and epic fails!) Our findings suggest that, if you create video content that your specific audience enjoys, 83% of consumers would consider sharing it with their friends. Being a business is not necessarily a disadvantage — content is king!
Are you prepared for video?
Check Out Our Video Marketing Services.